Texas Schools to Watch® is a statewide program implemented by the following organizations:
Texas Middle School Association
- Full list of partners coming soon
- National Forum to Accelerate Middle-Grades Reform
- Texas Schools to Watch® Model Schools
The goals of the Texas Schools to Watch® program are to:
- Create a research-based definition of the characteristics shared by high-performing middle schools.
- Identify high-performing, high needs middle schools throughout Texas.
- Share the real-world strategies in place at these sites with educators from middle schools throughout the state via web-based school tours, school site visits, and phone or e-mail consultations.
- Provide a nationally proven School Self-Study and Rating Rubric via the Internet that all middle schools can use to evaluate and improve their school's instructional program. (email for instructions)
- Establish a statewide network of high-performing middle schools, with every high-performing school actively involved in assisting struggling middle schools that share either a geographic region or student population characteristics.
Each year, the program identifies middle schools that are academically excellent, developmentally responsive, socially equitable, and structured for success. The sites selected to be Texas Schools to Watch® model schools meet the unique challenges of their student populations and share a strong, ongoing record of student achievement. The Texas Schools to Watch® program is affiliated with, and based upon criteria established by, the National Forum to Accelerate Middle-Grades Reform.